Pump health booster: KSB retrofit is the cost-effective and efficient way to give your pump a new lease of life
Retrofitting is an excellent alternative to buying a new product and can be performed on pumps regardless of their intended use. It is equally suitable for industrial, water supply and waste water disposal applications as well as for the power supply industry. The advantages of a retrofit solution are the combination of state-of-the-art technology and expert service.
Changed circumstances often require a new approach. This also goes for the pumps which are used in the systems. But increasing energy efficiency, complying with new legal requirements, extending service life or adapting technology to new operating data does not always necessitate a new pump.
How retrofit can benefit you:
- Save maintenance costs
- Reduce power consumption
- Achieve longer service life
- Increase system availability
- Comply with legal requirements (e.g: TA-Luft, ATEX)
Good can be made even better: optimise pump systems with retrofits
The areas of use for retrofit solutions are as diverse as the requirements to be met by the pump systems in question. Retrofit solutions go hand in hand with hydraulic and mechanical modifications as well as with changes to the materials.
- Remachining of existing impellers
- Installation of new impellers for off-design conditions
- Reduction of NPSH-required value through the installation of an inducer or suction impeller
- Optimisation of volute casing for off-design conditions
- Adjustment of the number of stages (on multistage pumps)
- Closed bearing brackets improve the smoothness of operation and extend the bearing life
- Installation of mechanical seal systems
- Employment of cellular surface wear rings to improve efficiency, rotor dynamics and dry running properties
- Super duplex stainless steel grades or nickel alloys
- Ceramic mineral castings for impellers, wear plates, cover and casing – for use with finely dispersed, highly abrasive solutions
- Non-metallic rings and bushes
- Ceramic plain bearings
- Surface coatings
Here is a practical example of a retrofit solution:
By modifying the pumps installed in a pump station located in a residential area, we were able to greatly reduce noise emissions.
KSB implemented the following measures to ensure the continued operation of the system:
- New selection, manufacture and installation of optimised impeller and diffuser, including hydraulic performance test, in less than four months.
Result: Reduction of structure-borne sound emissions by 20dB(A) in keeping with legal requirements.