KSB and the United Nations Global Compact
Fair and sustainable business is a fundamental principle for KSB. The company is therefore a member of the UN Global Compact.
For KSB, the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are the compass for sustainable corporate management.
Sustainability as a corporate goal
Acting with responsibility towards people and the environment is an important concern for KSB and the basis of our entrepreneurial thinking. The company therefore chose to join the United Nations Global Compact more than a decade ago, and uses the 17 Sustainable Development Goals as guidelines for ensuring its actions are sustainable and geared to the future.
Around 16,000 companies worldwide have already signed the United Nations Global Compact. These include more than 500 from Germany.
At KSB, the principles of the Global Compact apply to all managers and employees throughout the company. The company also requires suppliers and business partners to comply with the principles of the UN Global Compact.
The 17 SDGs provide orientation
KSB is driven by the conviction that it can make an important contribution to the 17 Sustainable Development Goals as an employer and through its products and services.
Adopted in 2015, the UN Global Compact’s sustainability goals to be achieved globally by 2030 include the following:
As a globally active industrial company with high ethical and ecological standards, KSB can make important contributions to almost all 17 SDGs. Improving global infrastructure, sustainable production and environmental protection measures are thus top priorities for our companies.
In order to add substance and clarity to the 17 SDGs within our company, we have used them to derive binding sustainability targets which we aim to have achieved by 2025 or earlier:
- Our production plants reduce CO2 emissions by a total of 30 percent.
- KSB water pumps save 850,000 tonnes of CO2 annually.
- Newly developed products are assessed by ecological criteria.
- The employee satisfaction index is 80 percent.
- Women make up at least 20 percent of management staff.
- The number of working days lost due to occupational accidents is reduced to fewer than 0.3 days per employee per year.
- Each employee invests at least 30 hours per year in personal training and development.
- The sustainability performance of 90 percent of key suppliers is assessed.
- KSB is involved in 25 social projects worldwide.
Our contribution to ensuring a clean water supply
Inherent to the function of KSB’s pumps and valves is their ability to make a decisive contribution to drinking water supply, improved hygiene and the production of renewable energy all over the world.
But we believe in taking ecological responsibility one step further: Our pumps are designed with such efficiency and increasing use of recyclable materials that their ecological footprint is as small as possible.