Well pumps: Pumping groundwater even from great depths
In general, well pumps can be used in private households, e.g. in the garden or for domestic water supply, and for commercial purposes (e.g. in agriculture). Depending on the application, the flow rate, head and hydraulic system size vary.
KSB offers a multitude of hydraulic systems – with diameters ranging from 4 to 28 inches for special industrial applications, reliably meeting the operating data.
All models can be installed vertically, horizontally and even at angles anywhere between 0° and 90° in wells and deep wells, thus providing maximum flexibility. Wear-resistant materials ensure optimum pump operation, even in difficult operating conditions such as fluids containing sand.
The benefits of a well pump by KSB
- Maximum flow rate at optimum energy efficiency also for extreme requirements
- Durable, maintenance-free and corrosion-resistant with particularly wear-resistant materials
- Maintenance-free enclosed pump bearings prevent the ingress of sand and abrasive wear.
- Protection against wear in clearances by casing wear rings made of wear and corrosion-resistant metal
- Fastening elements made of stainless steel: All screws, nuts and bolts in contact with the fluid handled are made of CrNiMo steel. They are easy to remove and fit even after years of use.
- Protected pump shaft: Impeller hubs and sleeves protect the stainless steel shaft against wear caused by the fluid handled.
- Outstanding service life and excellent efficiencies
- Low energy and life cycle costs
- High operating reliability and protection against water hammer
- Suitable for drinking water: All wetted components have been tested for use with drinking water. They meet the most stringent of drinking water requirements.
Our well pumps top seller
UPA 350 / UPA S 350
Single-stage or multistage single-entry centrifugal pump in ring-section design for vertical or horizontal installation. Mixed flow hydraulic systems with impellers that can be turned down. Optionally available with lift check valve or connection branch. For well diameters of 14 inches and above.
Well pumps. Short explained.
This is how well pumps work
Well pumps can transport fluids located far below the earth’s surface. Most commonly, they are used for pumping groundwater. To match the structural requirements of narrow wells, special pumps are employed – so-called submersible borehole pumps. They are characterised by their slim build, often designed with a multistage hydraulic system, and a matching wet submersible motor. The complete pump set comprising motor and pump is submerged in the well. The water to be pumped is drawn in between the motor and the pump hydraulic system and transported up to the well head. Deep well pumps can be used for depths down to 15 metres.
With KSB’s well pump measurement towards efficient groundwater extraction
Pumping water economically – especially groundwater – depends highly on the efficiency, operating mode or load profile of the pump used. KSB experts therefore offer to check your submersible borehole pump’s efficiency for you and identify potentials for optimisation. Factors with a negative impact on the overall efficiency of groundwater extraction are numerous:
- Altered operating conditions (e.g. supply network expansion due to the connection of a new housing estate)
- Changes in the groundwater level
- Ochre build-up in the system
- Worn pump
- Changes to the pipeline or downstream water treatment systems
- Changes to the well inflow zone over time (gravel screens/filters etc.)
The consequences show: One third of the well pumps measured by our specialists run at an efficiency of less than 40 percent. This entails excessive energy consumption and operating costs. To prevent such situations KSB experts gain an accurate picture of the current operating mode with calibrated measuring instruments, based on which they make recommendations for potential savings.
Make use of KSB’s expertise with a professional well pump measurement to operate your well pump or deep well pump efficiently and reliably.
Strengths and applications of KSB well pumps
Our type series meet the special requirements of pumping from great depths. Deep well pumps are ideal for deep wells, buried rainwater storage tanks and sumps, for example. No matter what well pump, our models offer you maximum flexibility. They can be installed vertically, horizontally and even at angles in wells and deep wells. Wear-resistant materials ensure a smooth pump operation, even in difficult operating conditions such as handling fluids containing sand.
Overview of well pump applications:
- Handling clean or slightly contaminated water
- Domestic water supply
- Water and drinking water supply
- General irrigation and drainage
- Spray irrigation systems
- Groundwater drawdown and management
- Pressure boosting
- Air-conditioning systems
- Fire-fighting systems
- Cooling circuits
- Industrial and municipal water supply