Drainage without risk of backflow: With waste water lifting units by KSB
Washbasin, shower, bathtub or toilet system – with a KSB waste water lifting unit you can be sure installations below the flood level are drained reliably.
All waste water lifting units by KSB are fitted with efficient waste water pumps and impact-resistant collecting tanks. All lifting units for transporting waste water without faeces meet the requirements to DIN EN 12050-2. In addition, KSB also supplies sewage lifting units to EN 12050-1 for transporting waste water containing faeces. For aggressive or oil-containing grey water KSB offers a special material variant, referred to as the C variant.
Benefits of a waste water lifting unit by KSB
- Space-saving compact and modern design
- Fast and simple planning and installation with large range of connection options and ready-to-connect grey water lifting unit
- Highest system and operating reliability by using powerful, maintenance-free KSB waste water pumps and impact-resistant collecting tanks
- Optimum odour protection by integrated activated carbon filters meeting hygiene requirements, overflow protection and odour-proof cover
Our waste water lifting unit top seller
Waste water lifting units. Short explained.
This is how waste water lifting units work
Preventing backflow under all circumstances is crucial when draining waste water. Backflow occurs when waste water flows from the sewer back into the sanitary piping of a premise’s drainage system and, with that, into the building. It only takes seconds for large amounts of grey water and faeces from the sewer to enter basements in this way.
A typical lifting unit is designed with a collecting tank housing a lifting device – usually a pump. For increased operating reliability some systems are also fitted with two pumps. Should one pump fail, continued operation is ensured. Grey water and waste water flow into the collecting tank via an inlet line. If the water level in this intermediate storage tank reaches a set level, the pump automatically starts up and lifts the water into the sewer system via a discharge line. When the waste water level in the collecting tank drops back down to the set level, the pump stops automatically.
Strengths and applications of KSB waste water lifting units
KSB’s waste water lifting units are powerful, flexible and versatile. Depending on the type series and design, the system can be installed in pits or at floor level.
Overview of waste water lifting unit applications:
- Disposal of waste water in private, commercial, industrial and public sectors
- Disposal of domestic waste water from washing machines, washbasins, sinks, showers or bathtubs
- Disposal of waste water from toilets
- Drainage of buildings and premises
- Overflow protection for rainwater harvesting systems or inlet tanks of fire-fighting systems
- Automatic water disposal of rooms at risk of flooding (e.g. cellars, garages and basement flats)