Benefits of strainers from KSB
- Optimally tailored solutions for your application and fluid handled
- Reliable filtering even when aggressive and corrosive fluids are handled
- Higher flow rates and lower pressure losses thanks to Y-pattern body with hydraulically favourable flow path
- Easy inspection and drainage of the strainer
- Time and cost saving replacement of screen
- Long service life and high functional reliability
Strainers in a nutshell
This is how strainers work
Strainers belong to the category of check valves. The strainer consists of a valve body and filters gases or liquids flowing through an integral screen made of stainless steel. This ensures that piping and pumps remain free of contamination and prevents damage to the system caused by foreign matter.
Commercially obtainable strainers are available in the body and filter types T, W and Y:
- T-type strainer: The type of body corresponds to that of a gate valve and its screen is flat or bowl-shaped.
- W-type strainer: The body also corresponds to that of a gate valve, but the screen is a wedge-shaped jacket in the direction of flow.
- Y-type strainer: These strainers feature a valve with slanted seat and a cylindrical strainer insert. They are suitable both for installations with a vertical flow from above and installations with a horizontal flow. In addition, the slanted seat enables a higher separation volume, as foreign matter can settle in the lower part (sump).