Highest flow rates and heads for grey water
Whether for drainage in building services or in the garden and outdoors (e.g. for handling seawater / salt water), our submersible pumps impress with powerful results.
Benefits of a submersible pump by KSB
- The right pump for every fluid thanks to corrosion-, impact- and abrasion-resistant materials
- Particularly high operating reliability – triple shaft seal with barrier fluid reservoir prevents dry running. For Ama-Drainer N, for example, it also provides additional lubrication for the seal faces.
- Absolutely tight with magnetic float switch with adjustable, variable level control and maximum travel stop
- Optimum efficiencies by high-efficiency motors and variable hydraulic system
- Low maintenance and cost-efficient operation by compact design
Our submersible pumps top seller
Fully floodable submersible motor pumps
Ama-Drainer 4 / 5/Ama-Drainer 80 / 100
AmaDrainer 4../5..: Vertical single-stage fully floodable submersible motor pump in close-coupled design, IP68, with or without level control, max. immersion depth: 7 m. AmaDrainer 80/100: Vertical single-stage fully floodable submersible motor pump in close-coupled design, IP68, with or without level control, max. immersion depth: 10 m.
Wet-installed submersible motor pumps and submersible pumps in discharge tube
Submersible pumps. Short explained.
This is how submersible pumps work
Submersible pumps are placed or suspended directly in the fluid to be pumped. The fluid is drawn into the pump via the intake opening and then pumped upwards. This principle is used for many different applications.
Designed for wet installation with the motor submerged, submersible pumps are especially found in waste water engineering. They are located directly in the pump sump and are easy to install at different immersion depths using the corresponding lifting equipment and installation parts. KSB has developed pump casings and impellers that are especially suitable for waste water, bearing in mind that the fluid in waste water engineering is often heavily contaminated and contains solids.
Whatever the application, KSB has got the right impeller.
Strengths and applications of KSB submersible pumps
Submersible pumps can be used for a variety of fluids. Depending on their design, submersible motor pumps can be used for clear water and much more. Grey water pumps, for example, are able to pump sludge and grey water containing solids with a particle size of up to 35 millimetres.
In combination with explosion-proof motors and wear- and corrosion-resistant materials they are employed in municipal and industrial waste water disposal. The motors all meet the requirements of enclosure IP68. The compact design prevents major wear, keeps maintenance to a minimum and saves you cash, whether it is a submersible pump for a buried rainwater storage tank or for an industrial application.
Overview of submersible pump applications
- Fighting floods
- Drainage of pits, wells, yards and cellars
- General drainage
- Water disposal / treatment
- Waste water transport
- Water extraction from rivers and reservoirs, e.g. rainwater storage tanks above ground or buried