LevelControl Basic 2 – pump control unit for tank filling and draining processes
The LevelControl Basic 2 control unit allows optimal pump control and monitoring. Whether in tank draining or filling processes – LevelControl Basic 2 spells safety.
Simply versatile:The LevelControl Basic 2 control unit can now be expanded via the addition of extra components.
The control unit version with bubbler system and BC housing has been available since May 2010, offering excellent value for money.Now, existing combination options have been supplemented by two new modules.Our LevelControl Basic 2 control unit can now be factory-equipped with a signalling module and a current measuring module.
Benefits of the new modules:
- Maximum transparency in system operation ensured by
- Six individual volt-free signals
- Analog output providing level-proportional current signal
- Field bus port
- High operating reliability thanks to
- Load-optimised control of lifting units
- Pump status information
General product information on LevelControl Basic 2 control unit
LevelControl Basic 2 is a level-dependent pump control unit for single-pump and dual-pump installations. A major benefit is that it can be combined with a wide variety of pumps.
The LevelControl Basic 2 pump control unit is suitable for:
- Drainage pumps
- Lifting units and pump stations for applications such as dewatering/drainage, water extraction/filling and disposal
- Waste water pumps
- Submersible motor pumps
LevelControl Basic 2 functionalities
The LevelControl Basic 2 pump control unit is available with a compact housing or steel housing.
The standard version of the pump control unit offers the following functionalities::
- ATEX mode
- Operation check run after prolonged idle periods
- Intelligent voltage monitoring
- Integrated phase failure and phase sequence monitoring
- Integrated acoustic alarm
- Signalling output for horn, alarm strobe light or alarm combination
- Acoustic high-water alert
- Control of a stand-by pump
- Monitoring of service intervals
- A multitude of accessories and options
The well-structured display of the LevelControl Basic 2 pump control unit is easy to operate and provides the user with important information such as water level, mains voltage and operating hours.An integrated PC interface enables future software updates.The unit is available with a rechargeable battery with charging unit for uninterrupted level control even in the event of a power failure.
A further advantage offered by the pump control unit isphased starting/stopping when both pumps have to be started/stopped. This prevents surge pressures and minimises start-up currents.Its robust electronics are designed to operate in a temperature range from -10°C to +50°C; operation at temperatures down to -30°C is possible on request.
This is how the LevelControl Basic 2 pump control unit works:
The pump control unit can be installed easily thanks to its generously sized connection space.Factory settings ensure that LevelControl Basic 2 can be started up quickly and easily.
Fill levels can be detected via:
- Float switch
- Digital switches
- Analog sensor with 4..20mA signal
- Integrated pneumatic pressure sensor
- Bubbler system
The pumps are started up DOL or in star-delta configuration, depending on the motor rating of the pumps.