Integration of pumps in building management and process control systems
Automation equipment from KSB for the integration of pumps in building management and process control systems is compatible with all common bus systems. Connection is mostly performed via the PumpDrive variable speed system.
Besides digital and analog outputs (0/24V, 4-20mA, etc.), the control units mounted on the pump motor or in the vicinity of the pump offer interface modules for all common bus systems.
- LON-Bus (Local Operating Network)
Integrated interface for connection via motor-mounted PumpDrive variable speed system without external gateway module (optional).
- Profibus (Process Field Bus)
Integrated interface with PumpDrive without external gateway module.
- BACnetIP (Building Automation and Control Networks)
Communication via PumpDrive or level control unit LevelControl (on request).
- Modbus RTU/RS485
Integrated interface with LevelControl (optional) or communication via PumpDrive (on request).
Communication via customer-specific pump control units, e.g. Hyamaster (on request).
Bus connection parameters
The main parameters are:
- Setpoint and feedback of actual value of controlled variable
- Operation and general fault message
Further parameters are available for read-only or write/read access. Their nature and extent depend on:
- Type of control unit
- Bus system used
- Customer requirements
Benefits of pump integration in building management and process control systems
- Easy monitoring of pumps and integrated system components
- Potentials for optimising energy efficiency and availability can be accessed