South Carolina Environmental Conference - KSB Maintenance Event
From its inaugural year in 1990, the South Carolina Environmental Conference (SCEC) has been growing and building on success for the last 28 years.
The SCEC is held over three full days during mid-March each year in Myrtle Beach, SC. The 2019 SCEC will be held held March 10-13, 2019, where over 1,600 professionals will be in attendance at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center. For more information about SCEC, visit their page at http://www.scwaters.org/page/SCECAbout.
SCEC features a variety of hand-on water and wastewater operations competitions, including Operations Challenge, Hydrant Hysteria, Top Ops, Meter Madness, and Pipe Tapping. SCEC also hosts the annual Best Tasting Water Contest.
This year 10 teams will be competingin the KSB Maintenance Event:
- Mount Pleasant Waterworks, Controlled Chaos
- Greenwood Metro – Lethal Concentration
- City of Columbia – Charley’s Angels
- North Charleston Sewer – Code Brown
- Ontario Clean Water Agency, OCWA
- Hampton Roads Sanitation District – HRSD Skid Marks
- City of Columbus Ohio – Columbus Outfalls
- City of Charlotte NC – Operational Hazards
- New York - Brown Tide
- Arizona - Turdiology