Shop Technician I
The individual in this position will assemble pumps and equipment for new business, and perform repairs for all kinds of rotating and heavy industry equipment. The shop technician is required to work according to the needs of KSB in order to achieve the goals and objectives of the company, including periodic overtime assignments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective Project Management - including managing deadlines; identifying stakeholders; understanding, communicating and achieving goals
- Time Management – Manages his time and attendance for the day to day operations.
- Professionalism – Ability to deal with pressure and conflict positively. Demonstrate self-confidence and positive attitude towards self and others. Demonstrate productive use of time.
- Deductive Reasoning – Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce sensible answers.
- Machining / Mechanical Skills – Knowledge of metric and imperial system, is able to machine all kinds of materials (metal and non-metal). Ability to take measurements and remachine parts to the original dimensions. Operate the lathe, milling, grinding or drilling machines. Create drawings and sketches
- Computer Skills – MS Office products, Windows
- Reading and Communication - Need to read and comprehend technical documentation (e.g. drawings) and to create inspection reports. Must be able to communicate to customers and internal personnel in a professional manner.
- Safety – Demonstrate personal responsibility in safety equipment and policies in the shop and with related tasks in KSB.
- Detail oriented – Attention to detail is required at all times.
- Laser alignment experience, balancing experience – rotors, and operation of the submersible motor pump test pit experience (preferred)
Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Ensure quality and quantity of work to KSB standard.
- Keep usage of material for orders at a minimum level.
- Follow guidelines of ISO 9001; ISO 14001; ISO 18001.
- Interface with internal and external individuals and companies.
- Organize and maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Suggest improvements for the internal process or products.
- Ensure the usage of proper protective safety equipment.
- Work according to KSB company procedures.
- Recommend improvements to internal process to arrange a lean production.
- Writing comprehensive finding reports.
- Operate forklifts, pallet jacks and cranes.
- Participate in on and offsite training. Implement newly trained skills and train colleagues.
- Other duties as assigned by Shop Foreman.
Education / Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent required. 1 – 2 years of relevant experience preferred. Electrical, motor shop, and welding experience/certification a plus.
Reports to: Shop Foreman
Interested candidates should send an updated resume to email@example.com or contact Human Resources at 804-222-1818.
EOE/M/F/D/V Drug Free Environment