Performs all tasks in order to handle the internal logistics required to receive, send, and store material, per direction of Shipping Supervisor and, in his absence, the direction of the Warehouse Materials Supervisor. Supports with physical receiving and shipping of product to, from, and within the Richmond warehouse operations. Periodically works overtime to meet customer and Company deadlines.
Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Perform tasks assigned by department supervisors.
- Responsibly handle, store, and physically transport products within warehouse.
- Physically receive, unload incoming trucks and containers, unpack, and store product and material.
- Assist in delivery, staging, and pickup of material and equipment associated with shop jobs.
- Assist with packaging and packing of product in preparation for outbound truck orders.
- Effectively interface with logistics operations personnel.
- Follow guidelines of ISO 9001; ISO 14001; ISO 18001.
- Interface with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Organize and maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Manually handle, repack, or restack pallets of finished product and help with physical inventory.
- Applies proper documentation to orders and palletizes cartons.
- Ensure quality and quantity of work is performed in accordance to KSB standards.
- Ensure the usage of proper safety and personal protective equipment.
- Support shop operations, at the direction of department supervision.
- Perform equipment maintenance, as directed by department supervisor.
- Other duties as may be specifically required, under direction of department supervision.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Time Management – Manages own time and attendance in accordance with daily schedule.
- Warehouse Skills – Operates forklift, power tools, lifting devices, and cranes.
- Logistic Skills - Ability to coordinate subcontractors and shipping agencies when the Warehouse Supervisor is absent.
- Computer Skills – MS Office products, Windows
- Reading and Communication - Need to speak and understand English and read and comprehend documentation (e.g. loading bills) and create required internal reports. Must be able to effectively communicate with customers and internal personnel in a professional manner.
- Safety – Demonstrate personal responsibility in safety equipment and policies in the warehouse and to related tasks in all KSB areas.
- Detail Oriented – Demonstrated attention to detail (parts, identification numbers, component part numbers, bill of lading, packing lists) when retrieving, packing, and shipping for KSB.
- Team Player – maintains positive relationships; supports colleagues; demonstrating positive attitude.
- Strength & Stamina - Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and stand and walk for long periods of time.
Education / Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Minimum 1 year experience in warehouse environment. Must be certified (or obtain certification) for forklift operation.
Reports to: Shipping Supervisor
Interested candidates should submit an updated resume to email@example.com or contact Human Resources at 804-222-1818.
EOE/M/F/D/V Drug Free Environment