Reports To: Operations Controller
Performs payroll functions and supports the accounts payable function as a backup. Prepares monthly journal entries, account reconciliations and assists Finance leadership in month end reporting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective communication skills required, verbal and written
- Time Management- aptitude for effectively prioritizing tasks to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Computer Skills- Excel, Word, Outlook
- Professionalism- ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with customers in a positive manner.
Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Maintain, input and record semi-monthly payroll into ADP.
- Track and record overtime, calculate merit increases and retro pay, and adjust benefits.
- Reconcile employee deductions to vendor bills and general ledger.
- Prepare journal entries to post payroll amounts to the general ledger.
- Prepare and upload electronic file to record 401(k) deductions from employee files to Principal.
- Analyze variances from budget and from historical results.
- Responsible for fixed asset accounting & monthly journal entries
- Serves as a back up to accounts payable and sales & use tax functions
- Prepare monthly general ledger account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts
- Prepare schedules for audits.
- Oversee issuance of certificates of insurance for customers.
- Assist Human Resources Supervisor with payroll/HR duties when duties overlap or when assigned.
Education / Experience:
Degree in accounting preferred. At least 5 years relevant experience in a dynamic accounting environment require.
Interested internal applicants should submit an Internal Application and updated resume to Human Resources.
Send email to Human Resources Supervisor: email@example.com.
KSB, Inc. 4415 Sarellen Road, Henrico, Virginia 23231 Tel: (804) 222-1818, FAX (804) 226-6961
Drug Free Environment