KSB, Inc. is a USA subsidiary of the KSB Group headquartered in Frankenthal, Germany. KSB, Inc. supplies centrifugal pumps, mixers, and technical services and repairs to a variety of clients in municipal and industrial markets. The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing high level administrative support to the Managing Director of KSB, Inc. The position requires strong verbal and written communication skills, technical skills, ability to multi-task, attention to detail, ability to work with confidential information, and the initiative to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This position is a full-time opening located in our Richmond, VA office.
Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Manage detailed and demanding calendar, schedules and meeting agendas;
- Coordinate domestic and international travel; manage all details about reservations and itineraries;
- Monitor status of critical deliverables; establish, manage and adhere to action plans with Managing Director to meet deadlines;
- Monitor all incoming emails for action items and to ensure timely response as required;
- Coordinate in-house and off-site meetings for small and large groups (including agenda, accommodations, transportation, catering);
- Organize conference calls and webinars;
- Participate in leadership meetings, take notes on actions items, and manage appropriate meetings’ follow-ups;
- Plan and organize reoccurring business reviews;
- Organize monthly KSB, Inc. business reports (updates, reminders, coordination and distribute timely);
- Manage/maintain outlook “Senior Management Team Calendar”;
- Answer telephone calls, take messages, and respond to requests promptly;
- Coordinate and host (with the Managing Director’s direction) customer on-site visits and special guests;
- Create and format advanced PowerPoint presentations;
- Compose and prepare correspondence, in addition to proofreading for spelling, grammar, layout and making appropriate changes;
- Assist as needed to Managing Director’s staff when rush/special/confidential assignments/tasks arise;
- Manage research and lead special projects such as organizing global events with more 50 participants from different regions of the USA and international subsidiaries of KSB Group;
- Prepare expense reports, process invoices, and reconcile budgets;
- Organize and maintain files and order supplies;
- Build and maintain strong business relationships with US and International counterparts and leaders
- Make copies, and manage communication as needed (email, mail, fax, and filing correspondence).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good business acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Time management skills and ability to reach with appropriate levels of urgency to different situations and events
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in and build a team environment
- Able to work independently but within a strategic framework
- Able to handle multiple projects and assignments at the same time
- Proficient user of computer-based tools to accomplish tasks, communicate and collaborate with others
- Efficient and effective phone and email communications
Education / Experience:
- Business related degree and administrative professional certification preferred.
- A minimum of five years of experience in executive administrative assistance is required.
Reports to: Managing Director
Interested applicants should submit a resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EOE/M/F/D/V Drug-Free Environment