The world's first ultrasound measurement and balancing valve: BOA-Control
World novelty at KSB: The world's first and only measurement and balancing valve with ultrasound technology has just made flow rate measuring so much easier. And that is only one of its many benefits.
Drawing on decades of experience and comprehensive expertise, KSB consistently develops new innovative solutions: The versatile BOA-Control measurement and balancing valve is a true novelty in the world of valves.
Applications of the measurement and balancing valve at a glance:
- Hot-water heating systems
- Air-conditioning systems
- Cooling circuits
- Flow rate measurements and temperature measurements with integrated sensors
New opportunities with KSB's measurement and balancing valve
The BOA-Control measurement and balancing valve offers entirely new opportunities for direct, straightforward measurement of the flow rate. Ultrasound waves are used to determine the flow rate by transit time difference measurement. An additional temperature sensor integrated in the balancing valve measures the exact fluid temperature. With the corresponding measurement computers, the values measured by the measurement and balancing valve can be saved in the case of mobile measurements or transmitted for permanent measurements.
Whether mobile or permanent – KSB has the right solution
Two sensors are required by the BOA measurement and balancing valve to conduct measurements with ultrasonic sensors. The sensors can be attached in either of two ways, depending on where the balancing valve is being used:
BOA-Control: balancing valve with contacts for ultrasonic sensors
BOA-Control is the measurement and balancing valve to which ultrasonic sensors can be connected. The sensors for the measurement are not permanently fastened to the valve; they are linked to the valve with an innovative magnetic connector. As the sensors can be mounted and removed as required, this design allows mobile measurements to be performed on any number of valves in combination with a BOATRONIC-MS measuring computer.
BOA-Control IMS: balancing valve with integrated ultrasonic sensors
At the BOA-Control IMS measurement and balancing valve the sensors are permanently glued to the BOA valve. This enables mobile as well as permanent measurement set-ups. With the BOATRONIC MS-420 measurement computer flow rate and temperature values can be continuously transmitted via a 4 - 20 mA signal.
Benefits of the measurement and balancing valve at a glance:
- Innovative ultrasound technology directly at the valve
- Direct measurement, no need to enter the valve position
- Automatic display of the direction of flow
- Very little influence by deposits and contamination
- Reliable identification of measurement points using colour coding scheme
- Shut-off, balancing and measurement function in one single valve
- Energy cost savings by low pressure losses
- Ultrasound measurement without contact with the fluid handled prevents leakage and saves measuring time.
- Scaled position indicator facilitates pre-setting.
- BOATRONIC MS with large range of data input and output options
- Additional integrated measuring mode without entry of fluid handled
- Simple magnetic connection of measurement sensors reduces measuring time.
- Direct, straightforward measurement with separate valve and measurement functions
Discover for yourself the reliable accuracy of the innovative BOA-Control measurement and balancing valve.