KSB Additive Manufacturing
Who are we?
KSB is a pioneer in end-to-end solutions within additive manufacturing. With our state-of-the-art technology and equipment, we offer our expertise across the entire additive manufacturing process.
Additive manufacturing is changing the world!
On a daily basis, we design and manufacture solutions that are not available from a catalogue, but are highly engineered.
What do we do?
- Accredited lab for material testing and qualification (DIN EN 17025)
- Powder analysis
- Full range of mechanical, chemical and metrological testing
- Business case assessment
- Materials, powders, additive technology, quality assurance, safety, and field testing
- Courses on the fundamentals, design principles, applications, and implications of additive manufacturing tailored for manufacturing professionals, from engineers to executives
- Preliminary and full services
- On-site engagement workshops
- Worldwide R&D projects
- Design for Additive Manufacturing (DfAM)
- Powder Bed Fusion and Material Extrusion process to produce precise and intricate geometries in a layer-by-layer fashion.
- Post-processing to meet critical dimensions and/or surface finishes required
What do we have?
Our additive manufacturing centre owns and operates full-featured manufacturing facilities for the entire process chain in metals, plastics and sand 3D printing.
Do you know?
Our additive manufacturing centre is technology neutral, we help you navigate through the options by helping you ask and answer the right questions:
- How will additive manufacturing impact your business?
Additive manufacturing creates opportunities and threats.
- What makes additive design successful?
Engineering and manufacturing of your product are no longer two separate functions
- Which materials should you use?
Choosing materials is complicated since there are still only a limited number of qualified suitable powders.
- Which additive manufacturing technology fits your needs?
There are several technologies and several vendors for each one. Comparing them requires analysis since data/parameters cannot be compared directly between different machine manufacturers and machines.
- Which tests and analyses should be done on additively manufactured products?
Additively manufactured products have different properties compared with traditional manufacturing, and therefore need different analyses and results interpretation.
- How to ensure quality for products produced by additive manufacturing?
Quality processes and systems are needed but industry standards are still emerging. KSB has developed quality processes and is participating in the development of standards.
- Which expectations do your customers have regarding parts, components and products manufactured additively?
Despite experiencing immense growth in the past decade, the absence of regulations, standards and specifications for additive manufacturing could hinder possible applications and readiness of customer acceptance.
Additive technology alone is not enough. We're working with people who are advancing additive manufacturing every day.