Maximum energy savings at no extra cost: Etaline with PumpDrive Eco and KSB SuPremE® IE4* motor
Ahead of their time: When combined with PumpMeter and the new PumpDrive Eco, the new Etaline in-line pump is a highly efficient pump set. The innovative KSB SuPremE® IE4* motor saves even more energy and is available at no extra cost compared with the IE2 motors most commonly used until now.
Etaline in-line pumps are ideal for use in heating, air-conditioning and ventilation systems. As a rule, they operate in the part-load range. The KSB SuPremE® IE4* motor is the best choice for this load profile, because here too it achieves maximum efficiencies.
Save up to 30 % in energy costs – with the KSB SuPremE® IE4* motor
At an energy price of 20 cents/kWh, the annual savings per motor equal 276 €. And the savings achieved by variable speed operation have not even been taken into account in this calculation.
Efficiency comparison for 7.5 kW, 3,000 rpm, 50 Hz
(To RAL standard UZ 105 "Blue Angel" for circulators, February 2007 edition)
|Flow rate [%]||100||75||50||25|
|Efficiency of a standard IE2 motor [%]||88.1||85.2||77.5||39.2|
|Efficiency of a KSB SuPremE® IE4*motor [%]||92.1||91.2||87.8||63.2|
KSB SuPremE® IE4* motors achieve top efficiencies in the part-load range. At full speed and full load their efficiency already exceeds that of the IE2 motors most commonly used until today by 4 %. At a quarter of the speed and 25 % of the flow rate, this advantage can be as high as 24 %. When looking at the typical load profile of continuously operated pump sets, the savings compared with a variable speed pump with an IE2 asynchronous motor amount to 1,380 kWh and 815 kg of CO2 per year.
Act now to get IE4* efficiency for a low IE2 price
The main criteria for motor selection are maximum energy efficiency, maximum resource efficiency and minimum investment costs. While the latter are low for an IE2 motor, the motor’s energy efficiency is not optimal at all.
Far ahead of its time
The innovative drive technology of KSB SuPremE® not only satisfies IE4* efficiency requirements, but already exceeds the legal minimum requirements of the ErP regulations applicable from 2017. The German corporate initiative DENEFF has bestowed upon KSB its Perpetuum 2014 energy efficiency award for developing the new SuPremE motor generation.
Your premium efficiency benefits with a KSB SuPremE® IE4* motor (0.55 – 45 kW):
- Higher energy efficiency
thanks to top motor efficiency, especially in the part-load range, in combination with demand-driven operation via the PumpDrive Eco variable speed system
- Higher cost savings
because an IE4* motor costs no more than the IE2 motor most commonly used until now
- Higher resource efficiency
thanks to an outstanding eco-balance with magnet-less technology
Save as much as 70 % in energy costs with speed control: Etaline pump plus KSB SuPremE® IE4* motor and PumpDrive Eco
Systems with an Etaline in-line pump and a KSB SuPremE® IE4* motor can be rendered even leaner by operating the Etaline with a variable speed system. A KSB SuPremE® IE4* motor alone makes the system more efficient, allowing energy savings of 30 %. And the PumpDrive Eco variable speed system will increase your efficiency gains even more – to enable total energy savings upwards of 70 percent. So, with the new PumpDrive Eco, your Etaline in-line pump will be both reliable and highly efficient. Opt now for the world’s most efficient magnet-less pump set!
The benefits of the Etaline inline pump with new PumpDrive Eco at a glance
- Variable speed system allows the use of up to two pumps
- Parallel operation with 24-hour changeover
- Changeover if duty pump should fail, also in the event of the master suffering a power failure (Etaline Z twin pump)
- Flexible installation thanks to inlinedesign
- High degree of efficiency thanks improved hydraulic system; impeller diameter trimmed to match duty point as standard
- Combined with the high-efficiency KSB SuPreme® motor: the world’s most efficient magnet-less pump set
- Already fulfils the requirements of the ErP Directive applicable to standardised water pumps from 2015
- Maximum energy efficiency at full transparency of pump operation with new PumpDrive Eco
- Dynamic pressure setpoint compensation function for compensating flow-dependent friction losses in the piping
- Low vibration levels and very smooth running
- Confined casing gasket
- Pressure boundary designed for 16 bar
- Vent valve avoids dry running of the mechanical seal (if pump is installed vertically)
- Shaft sleeve made of chrome nickel molybdenum steel prevents wear on the shaft
- PumpDrive Eco can be retrofitted in existing systems without changing the components
- PumpDrive can be motor-mounted, wall-mounted or cabinet-mounted
- Inlinedesign for easy installation and simple piping layout
- Easily replaceable casing wear rings
- Uncooled zero-maintenance mechanical seal to EN 12756
- Service available worldwide
- Spare parts available at short notice