Latest KSB API pump fulfils highest safety requirements
Long service life and low maintenance with high operating reliability – these are the main requirements for hermetically sealed API pumps. With the market launch of the new RPHmdp API pump, KSB is now also offering this reliable and service-friendly product for processes in the refinery industry.
The RPHmdp – mdp stands for MagDrivePump – extends the existing RPH selection range by a hermetically sealed variant with a magnetic drive. As this special pump was developed in accordance with the API 685 standard at a customer’s request in 2004, KSB can already list numerous successful reference applications.
How has the pump been optimised?
- The discharge cover has been redesigned to match the mating dimensions of the magnetic coupling.
- RPH and RPHmdp are interchangeable.
- Whenever a retrofit is requested, the volute casing may remain in the piping
- The baseplate and motor position can usually remain the same.
The KSB product range for API pumps includes:
- Top seller: RPH (OH2 design)
- Vertical variant: RPH-V (VS4 design)
- Multistage variant: CHTR (BB5 design)
Overview of the new RPHmdp:
- Horizontal, radially split volute casing pump
- Back pull-out design to API 685
- OH2 design
- Radial impeller
- Centreline pump feet
- Magnetic coupling
The new API pump is ideally suited for handling clean, particle-free, aggressive, toxic, explosive or valuable fluids. Applications include the petrochemical and chemical industries and refineries.