Vita pumps range: high performance for high-end processes.
Vita pumps from KSB meet the stringent hygienic requirements applying to sterile processes, and conform to EHEDG criteria.
Your first choice for all sterile processes – the Vita range
The Vita pumps product range comprises a total of five type series, which have served reliably for many years in high-end applications of the pharmaceutical industry. KSB is a sought after supplier when it is about delivering pumps that can be cleaned without leaving any residues, and that are made of materials which meet specific hygienic requirements while offering resistance to abrasive, aggressive and highly viscous fluids: we offer system solutions from a single source for all life sciences applications, which meet the requirements of the European Hygienic Engineering & Design Group (EHEDG).
Perfect and effecient CIP & SIP cleaning ensured by:
- Active flooding of the shaft seal and „dry“ shaft
- The design is free of dead volumes
- Wetted parts have an excellent surface finishing due to mechanical polishing and electrochemical treatment.
Easy-to-replace mechanical seal and straightforward changeover from single to double mechanical seal in tandem arrangement. Quick adjustment of impeller clearance at the casing via stub shaft with taper lock ring
Easy on the fluid
Careful fluid handling ensured by polished surfaces, open impeller with wide free passage and smooth edges
Separate pump shaft enables the use of motors according different standards with fixed speed of run through a frequency converter
Suitable for hygienic applications
- Rotors and casing cover fastened without gaps and specially designed shaft seal ensure excellent CIP/SIP.
- Pump casing separated from bearing bracket to avoid contamination of the fluid handled
- Connections may be positioned horizontally or vertically.
- Bi-directional flow possible
- Different rotor types matched to the respective fluid to be handled
- Different process connections available
Robust and reliable
- Solid pressure-retaining and moving components
- Drive shaft supported on two spherical roller bearings and gear unit ensuring fully synchronised running of shafts make for long service life and avoid rubbing contact of rotors
Thanks to the heatable casing, double mechanical seal, casing drainage and pressure relief valve the pump can be adapted to any application
Suitable for hygienic applications
The zero dead volume design with open impeller and electropolished surface make the pump perfectly suitable for CIP/SIP.
Low energy consumption
Optimised hydraulic system yielding high energy efficiency and impellers trimmed to match the operating point
Thick casing walls make for robustness, pump shaft in separate bearings ensures smooth running
Numerous connection options, diverse mechanical seal variants and different material combinations
The pump casing can be opened easily and quickly thanks to the clamping ring connection.
The pump shaft in separate bearings allows for connecting motors to different standards, even variable-speed variants.
Robust execution due to casted casing, smooth running thanks to separate pump bearings
Hygienic side chanel pump is able to suck from a tank or truck and can handle liquids with air content
Many pump connections, many options for mechanical seals, alternative material in SuperDuplex and Hastelloy, Horizontal and vertical installation (Vitastage)
Pump casing mounted with a clamp can be opened easy and quick
Due to separate pump shaft motors accrding different standards can be used either fixed speed or run on frequency converter