KSB is committed to the ten principles of the UN Global Compact
KSB aims to establish and develop the ten principles of the UN Global Compact within the company. Human rights and environmental protection play a key role at KSB.
KSB respects the principles of human rights
Principles 1 and 2 of the UN Global Compact relate to human rights. KSB uses numerous measures to implement the guidelines within the company.
Principles 1 and 2 of the UN Global Compact state:
- Principle 1
Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights within their sphere of influence; and
- Principle 2
make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
KSB abides by the principles of human rights
- Respecting and supporting internationally recognised human rights
- Ensuring equal opportunities for our employees and business partners, irrespective of their skin colour, race, gender, age, nationality, social background, disability or sexual orientation
- Respecting the political and religious convictions of our employees, provided they are based on democratic principles and tolerance towards those who hold different beliefs
How KSB protects human rights
- Integration of the subject in employment contracts of Managing Directors worldwide
- Zero tolerance of child labour
- Review of this criterion in supplier qualification process
KSB complies with labour standards
Principles 3, 4, 5 and 6 of the UN Global Compact relate to labour standards. KSB uses numerous measures to implement the guidelines within the company.
Principles 3, 4, 5 and 6 of the UN Global Compact state:
- Principle 3 Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4 the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- Principle 5 the effective abolition of child labour; and
- the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
KSB is committed to upholding these labour standards
- Option of setting up employee representative committees at all sites within KSB Group
- Good relationship with employee representative committees as a fundamental part of the corporate culture, various forms of participation
- Zero tolerance of any kind of forced labour, respect for the principle of free choice of employment
- Zero tolerance of child labour – at its plants and throughout the supplier chain
- Compliance with ILO Convention Nos. 138 and 182 across all areas of the KSB Group
- Support of qualification measures for employees
How KSB complies with labour standards
- Anchoring of the ILO core labour standards in corporate policy
- Verification in regular management surveys
- Integration in the employment contracts of top
KSB respects the principles of environmental protection
Principles 7, 8 and 9 of the UN Global Compact relate to environmental protection. KSB uses numerous measures to implement the guidelines within the company.
Principles 7,8 and 9 of the UN Global Compact state:
- Principle 7
Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8
undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9
encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
KSB protects the environment
- Distributing information on the environmental relevance of KSB products, processes and services
- Continuous, systematic review of the effects of production on people and the environment as early as in the development stage
- Third-party companies working at KSB sites must comply with local laws and KSB guidelines on environmental protection and occupational health and safety
How KSB actively implements environmental protection
- Implementation of the management systems for quality (ISO 9001), environment (ISO 14001) and occupational health and safety (OHSAS 18001) at all KSB production sites as part of KSB’s global matrix certification
- Monitoring and improvement of material consumption at production sites
- Communication of the company’s carbon footprint
- Assessment of the carbon footprint as part of location-specific projects at two French sites
- Implementation of an energy management system
KSB complies with the anti-corruption principles
Principle 10 of the UN Global Compact relates to anti-corruption KSB uses numerous measures to implement the guidelines within the company.
Principle 10 of the UN Global Compact states:
- Principle 10
Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
KSB is committed to fighting corruption
- Decisions are based on objective business criteria, such as quality and price
- Employees may not offer or grant direct or indirect benefits in order to unfairly influence business decisions.
- Employees are not permitted to use their official position to demand, accept or otherwise gain unfair advantages.
How KSB fights corruption
- Code of conduct for all KSB employees in force since 2008
- Consolidation and practical teaching of the principles as part of international training courses
- Monitoring of compliance with the Code by the Group Compliance Officer