Corporate responsibility at KSB
KSB stands for active commitment to corporate social responsibility. In all our business activities, we are guided by the principles of sustainability and fairness in the way we deal with people and the environment.
This is how KSB applies corporate social responsibility day after day:
KSB is a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact. The principles defined by the UN are to promote sustainability and fairness in the business environment.
KSB supports the goals of the Kyoto Protocol and places great value on optimal energy efficiency for all products and technologies. In addition, our work processes and working environment are designed to require as little energy and as few raw materials as possible.
Occupational health and safety for employees
In order to ensure maximum safety in the workplace, KSB has defined its own EHS guidelines (Environmental Health and Safety) while also meeting national and international standards.
KSB aims to help resolve social problems. Our activities in this field are manifold and range from school projects through supporting charitable organisations to environmental protection.
KSB’s global social commitment is focused around the KSB CARE aid fund which was launched in 2008. The fund enables us to finance projects aimed at training needy children and young people in the Region Asia/Pacific. KSB companies spend 65,000 euros a year on such projects. KSB CARE supports, among others:
- Around 100 primary and secondary school students in the Quang-Nam province in Vietnam
- More than 100 children in Shanghai and Kunming in China
- Children in Indonesia, providing them with the necessary learning materials
- A girls’ school in Pakistan, building a water pipe to supply clean drinking water
- A girls’ college and a primary school in Pakistan, providing school equipment
- Flood victims in the Philippines, Sumatra and India, providing money and other donations