FluidFuture® saves energy: our success stories speak for themselves
The main goal we pursue with our FluidFuture® efficiency concept is to maximise energy savings for our customers. Our customer satisfaction and the figures say it all – see for yourself!
Energy savings of 30 % – thanks to KSB’s comprehensive portfolio
KSB supplied a complete range of pumps and valves for heating, air-conditioning, water and sanitation systems
- The main criterion was the high efficiency of the pumps fitted with KSB SupremE® IE5* motor, PumpDrive variable speed system and PumpMeter pump monitoring unit
From a single source: KSB also carried out maintenance of some of the older pumps
AUDI HUNGARIA MOTOR Kft.
Energy savings of 28 % – by pump optimisation with KSB PumpMeter
- As part of AUDI’s power management, we have optimised the pump system of the emulsion supply system.
- Our PumpMeter pump monitoring units revealed potential energy and cost savings during operation.
- The system can now be operated with only 3 instead of 6 Etanorm pumps.
Saving 73 % of energy – while providing availability and reliability in SAP data centres
- KSB could impress with an optimally matched system of pumps, valves and automation
- The in-house developed world class KSB SuPremeE® motor paired up with an intelligent speed control system is ideal for changing requirements
- The KSB SuPremeE® motor exceeds the efficiency offered by an IE3 motor when it comes to part-load ranges.
60 % energy input saved – through a new pump test facility
- KSB’s optimisation measures were to make the water treatment efficient and reliable.
- The new pump test facility uses flexible KSB Movitec pumps.
- The pumps are automated with PumpMeter and PumpDrive.
- Commissioning was easy and smooth with the Plug & Run system.
*IE4 in accordance with IEC (CD) 60034-30 Ed. 2
Miele & Cie.KG
40 % less energy needed – thanks to a new refrigeration system in the Gütersloh plant.
- The new system comprises KSB pumps Etanorm and Etaline.
- All pumps are automated with PumpMeter and PumpDrive.
- Continuous pump operation is ensured by the world's most efficient magnet-less pump motor, the KSB SuPremE® IE4 motor.
- This has reduced CO2 emissions by 400 tonnes per year.
Salzgitter Flachstahl GmbH
53 % reduction of power consumption – by generally overhauling the district heating system.
- We have optimised the system and replaced the control unit.
- The system was planned and commissioned by KSB.
- The system now uses demand-driven KSB Multitec pumps.
- The optimisation provides maximum transparency in the control room.
Solvay Fluor GmbH
25 % less energy costs – by modernising the recooling plant in Bad Wimpfen.
- We analysed the system using the KSB System Efficiency Service.
- This led to a scenario-based optimisation of the recooling plant.
- Everything from a single source: the modernisation comprised all aspects, including staff training.
- As a result, the customer saves € 20,700 per year.
Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG
90 % energy savings – by optimising the cooling lubricant circuit of grinding machines.
- The fixed speed pumps have been replaced by Etanorm pumps in high-end design with PumpMeter, PumpDrive and KSB SuPremE® IE4* motor.
- The check valves have been replaced by pneumatic butterfly valves.
- The control system for part load operation has been updated.
Your contact to KSB
Thank you for taking an interest in FluidFuture® by KSB. Would you like to find out more? Contact us: it's quick and easy.