PACTware is vendor-independent and fieldbus-independent software for operating field devices. KSB uses this software as a standardised service tool for automation products.
With PACTware KSB customers can load drivers (so-called DTMs = Device Type Managers) for field devices from different manufacturers. They will then be available for selection in an electronic hardware catalogue.
Hardware requirements for the automation tool
A laptop or similar can be used for the display and for setting parameters. It has to be connected to the field device via the RS232 or USB interface (only for PumpDrive 2/PumpDrive 2 Eco). PACTware requires a minimum of 100 MB hard disk space and 50 MB main memory. The laptop or PC should have a Pentium III 400 MHz processor and, ideally, an XGA graphics card. It further requires a Microsoft-compatible mouse or equivalent pointing device.
For laptops without RS232 interface, a converter from USB to RS 232 is used; once the converter has been connected to the USB2.0 interface and the corresponding driver has been installed, it serves as an RS232 connection. For PumpDrive 2/PumpDrive 2 Eco this converter is not required.
Licence and copy protection with WIBU key
Authorisation for changing parameters on the “Service” access level can be granted with a dongle. In order to protect the devices from being parameterised by untrained personnel, KSB uses a protective key (also known as a dongle) by the company Wibu-Systems.
Customers using PumpDrive 2 or PumpDrive 2 Eco require a parameterisation cable (USB, optical) for connecting the device to the laptop.
- Authorisation dongle: accessory without software; e-mail for enabling the dongle
Ident. number: 47121256
- Parameterisation cable (RS232)
Ident. number: 47117698
- Converter (USB2.0 to RS232)
Ident. number: 01111255
- Parameterisation cable PumpDrive 2 and PumpDrive 2 Eco: (USB, optical)
Ident. number: 01538436
General downloads ...
...for all KSB products used for pump automation!
- ServiceTool - PACTware Version 4.1SP4 Date: March 14, 2016 (49.5 MB)
- WIBU-KEY Runtime Kit, Version 6.10 Date: December 20, 2012 (21.3 MB)
- Communication DTM version 2.4.19 English Date: April 18, 2019 (7.9 MB)
- FTDI-Drive 2.12.00 (32/64) Date: September 29, 2014 (2.1 MB)
- Drive Infrared Adapter STM32 version 1.3.1 Date: August 1, 2014 (11.2 MB)
The following downloads should only be used if you are already familiar with the use of the frame application PACTware and the drivers (DTM).